Artist Submission – Guidelines
Thank you for considering LaFontsee Galleries as a possible representative for your work. Whether you are an established professional or an emerging talent with a fresh point of view, we invite you to complete a submission to the gallery. We accept submissions from artists working in all media.
If you feel that your work meets the standards reflected in the artwork we currently carry, please submit the following materials:
- 15-20 images of recent work (executed within the past year). We would prefer the images be submitted as 8x10 print or slides but images can be submitted digitally on a CD. In all cases please label the images submitted using the titles of the pieces as the image names.
- Include a list indicating title, size, medium, date, and retail price of each work. Please make sure this list corresponds with submitted images and is easy to read.
- Artist Statement
- Artist Resume
- Any additional information (publications, past press reviews, catalogs, etc.) you would like the gallery to consider.
- Please answer the following questions on a separate sheet:
- How did you hear about the gallery?
- Have you visited the gallery in person?
- Do you have other gallery representation in-town, out-of-town or out-of-state?
- If so, how much work is kept in their inventory?
- Do you have a working studio space?
- Where are you headed on your “art path”?
- How much work could we expect to see on a regular basis? Per calendar quarter?
- How much work could we expect to keep in inventory?
- Why have you chosen to submit to LaFontsee Galleries?
- Do you have a website or any other web presence where people can see or purchase your work?
- Expect 10 to 12 weeks for us to review your submission and contact you.
- Include your current address, phone number and e-mail address with your submission.
- If you would like your submission materials mailed back to you, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. If you do not send an envelope for the return of your materials we will hold them for a maximum of six months.
- We take all submissions seriously and review all complete submissions. Incomplete submissions are not reviewed.
- The gallery does not accept unscheduled appointments to view art.
We do not accept emailed submissions.